Before proceeding let’s start with reciting the most authentic and prominent Durood Sharif, Durood-e-Ibrahim.
“Allahumma Salle Ala Muhammadinw Wa Ala Aale Muhammadin Kama Sallaita Ala Ibrahima Wa Ala Aale Ibrahima Innaka Hamidum Majeed
Allahumma Barik Ala Muhammadinw Wa Ala Aale Muhammadin Kama Barakta Ala Ibrahima Wa Ala Aale Ibrahima Innaka Hamidum Majeed”
“Sahi Muslim” (Book of Hadees) anecdotes that Prophet Hazrat Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam (pbuh) said who recites one Durood on me, Allah descends 10 blessings (Rehmat) upon him.
There are many Durood and every single Darood has its own supremacy and benefits but Durood-e-Ibrahimi is one of the most authentic and prominent.
Shortest Durood Sharif
People always ask for the shortest Durood Sharif, so that they can learn easily and recite any time.
Short Durood also helps the kids in developing a habit of reciting it on regular basis and of course in learning too.
These are the four shortest Durood Sharif that you can recite anytime and it will be count as a Durood.
- “Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam”
- “Allahumma Salli Ala Muhammad Wa Ala Ali Muhammad”
- “Sallallahu Alan Nabiyyi Mohammad”
- “Sallallahu Alan Nabiyyil Ummiyyi”
“O Allah, send (salaam, blessing) upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad”
“Prophet Hazrat Muhammad SAW (pbuh) likes that his Ummat (ummah) recite Durood on him and Allah descends blessings on his Ummat”
The Verses (Ayat) in Quran on Durood
Ayat-e-Durood in the Holy Quran descends on Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh) in the house of Hazrat Saeed Khudri (RA) in the eighth month of the Islamic calendar commonly known as Shabaan, just before the month of Ramzan.
“Innallaha Wa Malai Qatahu Yasalluna Alannabi Ya Ayyuhallazina Aamanu Sallu Alayhi Wa Sallimu Tasleema”
“Verily, Allah and His Angels send Durood on the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) of divination, O you also who have faith (Imaan) send Durood and Salutations (salaam) on Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) with respect and honor”
These verses (ayat) are also very useful when we raise hands for Dua (pray), it is used in every Dua, and just after this, we recite Durood.
10 Immense Benefits of Durood Sharif
Make it a habit to recite Durood daily and see the immense benedictions & prosperity at your feet and all shortcomings will not even pass by you.
(1) The one who recites Durood diligently (Kasrat se) will be the closest to the Prophet Muhammad SAW (pbuh) on the Day of Judgment.
(2) Prophet Muhammad SAW (pbuh) said who recites one Durood on me, Allah writes 10 goodness’s (Nekiyan) for him, forgive 10 sins (Gunah), increase 10 degrees (Darja) and it is equal to releasing 10 slaves (Gulam).
(3) Angels (Farishte) of Allah pray Dua of Rehmat and Forgiveness for the person who recites Durood and it continues until he stops.
(4) It is the expiation (Kaffara) of sins. Its reciter will get salvation (Nijat) from terror (Khauf).
(5) Prophet Muhammad SAW (pbuh) will give proof of the faith (Imaan) for the one who will recite Durood diligently.
(6) The durood-e-Pak reciter will see his house in Heaven (Jannat) before his death.
(7) Reciting Durood-e-Pak is equal to worshipping Allah and It’s also the most liked Amal by Allah.
(8) It removes poverty, provides victory on enemies, and guarded against the backbiters.
(9) Dua will be accepted, sins will not be written for 3 days, reciting it will remove your sins like water quells fire.
(10) Reciting Durood diligently is the way of Heaven (Jannat). Angels stop tribulations (Musibat) from entering the house of a reciter.
Can we recite Durood without Wudu (Wuzu)?
Yes, we can recite Durood without Wudu. Wuzu is not important to recite Durood, you can recite it while walking or driving. Whether you are in any type of depression or trouble this is the cure of every problem.
When should we recite Durood Sharif?
We should recite Durood every time and we should make it a habit. Also, you might recite it more diligently (exercising) when you pray (Dua) to Allah. As reciting Durood before and after the Dua makes Dua more prominent to be accepted.
Is Any Short Durood in Quran?
There is no short Durood in Holy Quran but there are verses (ayat) in Quran that refers “Verily, Allah and His Angels send Durood on the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), O you also who have faith send Durood and Salutations on Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) with respect and honor.”
Is Darood-e Ibrahim a part of any surah in the Quran?
No, Darood-e-Ibrahim is not mentioned in any surah in the Quran but there is an Ayat-e-Durood that descends on Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihi Wa Sallam (pbuh).
If I wanted to recite Durood Shareef, what should I recite?
There are many Durood Shareef and every single Durood has its own supremacy and benefits but Durood-e-Ibrahimi is one of the most authentic and prominent.
Is it permissible to read Durood while listening Quran?
Yes, it’s permissible to read Durood while listening Quran. There are no references that say you can’t read Durood while listening to Quran. Even it is said that whenever you listen to the name of Prophet Mohammad (ﷺ) recite Durood on Him and in the Quran, the Prophets name appears many times.