In this article, you will get to know Surah Falaq in English, Transliteration with its meaning and benefits, and also the reason behind why it descended on the Prophet.
Surah Falaq is in the 30th chapter (Parah) of the Holy Quran, the Surah number is 113 with 5 Ayat (113:5). The title of Surah Falaq in English is Dawn or Daybreak.
It descends on the Prophet Hazrat Mohammad (ﷺ) in the Madina Sharif. Surah Falaq and Surah Naas both descended together on the Prophet Mohammad (ﷺ) by Hazrat Jibrail (AS) because a Jews (Yahudi) person had done some black magic on the Prophet.
The magic was not effective enough on the Prophet but Hazrat Jibrail (AS) came with these two Surah and said that the objects of the black magic are into a well suppressed with a rock.
To vanish the complete effects of black magic, Allah descends Surah Falaq and Surah Naas together, Surah Naas is the 114th Surah and also the last Surah of the Holy Quran with 6 Ayat.
Surah Falaq in English Transliteration
- Qul a’oozu Bi Rabbil-Falaq
- Min Sharri Maa Khalaq
- Wa Min sharri Gaasiqin Izaa Waqab
- Wa Min Sharrin-Naffaa-Saatin Fil ‘Uqad
- Wa Min Sharri Haasidin Izaa Hasad
Surah Falaq in English
- Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of the Dawn
- From the mischief of created things;
- From the mischief of Darkness as it overspreads;
- From the mischief of those who practice secret arts;
- And from the mischief of the envious one as he practices envy.
Surah Falaq Benefits and Hadith
1. Hazrat Aisha Siddiqua (RA) said that “when the Prophet Mohammad (ﷺ) goes to sleep for taking rest, He recites Surah Ikhlas, Surah Falak, and Surah Naas.
After reciting blows into His hands and wipe the hands onto His body starting from the face and He does this 3 times”
Reference: Sahih Al-Bukhari 5960
2. Hazrat Jabir bin Abdullah (RA) said that “Prophet Mohammad (ﷺ) said me to read and I asked Ya Rasoolallah what to read.
Prophet said Qul a’oozu Bi Rabbil-Falaq and Qul a’oozu Bi Rabbin Naas, and then I read both of the Surah on which the Prophet said,
Read these two Surah because you will never find any examples of these two Surah.
Reference: Sahih Ibne-Habban
3. Hazrat Ukba bin Amer (RA) said that once I was on a journey with the Prophet Hazrat Mohammad (ﷺ) and the Prophet said O Ukba Shouldn’t I teach you the two best reciting Surah.
Then the Prophet taught me Qul a’oozu Bi Rabbil-Falaq and Qul a’oozu Bi Rabbin Naas.
Reference: Sunan Abi-Dawood
4. Hazrat Abdullah bin Habeeb (RA) said that the Prophet said to him to recite Qul Hu Allahu Ahad, Qul a’oozu Bi Rabbil-Falaq, and Qul a’oozu Bi Rabbin Naas 3-3 times in the morning and evening.
This will help you in tribulations and will do sufficiency (kifayat).
5. This Surah helps in removing evil spirits, jinn, saitan, and black magic from a person. The person who will recite this Surah before sleeping will be safe from these things, InshAllah.
6. The person who will recite this Surah regularly will be safe from all the tribulations and disasters of the land and sky and to be safe from black magic and enemy, recite it 100 times.
7. The person who will recite Surah Falak 100 times and blows onto the person who suffers from black magic, then the effects of black magic will vanish.
But always remember to recite Durood Sharif before and after.
Surah Naas in English Transliteration
- Qul a’oozu Birabbin Naas
- Malikin Naas
- Ilaahin Naas
- Min Sharril Waswaasil Khannaas
- Allazee Yuwaswisu Fee Sudoorin Naas
- Minal Jinnati Wannaas
Surah Naas in English
- Say: I seek refuge with the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind,
- The King (or Ruler) of Mankind,
- The god (or judge) of Mankind,-
- From the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper)
- (The same) who whispers into the hearts of Mankind,-
- Among Jinns and among men.