Surah Kausar is the 108th Surah of the Holy Quran which means great abundance in English, and It’s also the shortest Surah of the Quran with 3 Ayat.
It was revealed on the Prophet Mohammad (ﷺ) in the Mecca Sharif when the enemies of the Prophet (ﷺ) started calling Him Abtar as an insult.
In that era, the Arabs called Abtar to a person when someone’s son dies and is left with no son, without posterity or whose descendant is severed.
The son of the Prophet (ﷺ) Hazrat Qasim (RA) passed away in childhood and enemies of the Prophet started calling Abtar especially Aas bin Wail.
Allah descended Surah Kausar in the dignity of the Prophet Mohammad (ﷺ) in which the last Ayat answered “It’s your enemy who is without posterity”
Surah Kausar Meaning
- Indeed, We have granted you, [O Muhammad], al-Kausar.
- So pray to your Lord and sacrifice [to Him alone].
- Indeed, It’s your enemy who is without posterity.
Surah Al-Kausar in Arabic Text
- إِنَّآ أَعْطَيْنَـكَ الْكَوْثَرَ
- فَصَلِّ لِرَبِّكَ وَانْحَرْ
- إِنَّ شَانِئَكَ هُوَ الاٌّبْتَرُ
Surah Al-Kausar in English Text
- Inna Ataina kal kausar
- Fasalli Li Rabbika Wanhar
- Inna Shaani’aka Huwal Abtar
What is Al-Kausar
Narrated by Hazrat Anas bin Malik (RA) that Prophet Hazrat Mohammad (ﷺ) was asked “What is Al-Kausar” onto which the Prophet said,
“It’s a river in Paradise that Allah has given to me, which is whiter than milk and sweeter than honey.”
Hazrat Umar (RA) said Indeed, this is luxurious then. Prophet Hazrat Mohammad (ﷺ) replied: “those who will consume it are more luxurious than it.”
Tirmidihi, Hadith No. 2542
Hazrat Aisha Siddiqa (RA) said that Kausar is a river which is provided to the messenger of Allah Hazrat Mohmmad (ﷺ).
Both end of the river is of pearls and the vessels in the quantity of stars.
Sahih Bukhari, Hadith No 4965
Hazrat Ibne Abbas (RA) said that Kausar is a virtue that Allah has provided to Prophet Hazrat Mohmmad (ﷺ).
Sahih Bukhari, Hadith No. 4966
What is Hauz-e-Kausar
It’s a river commonly known as Hauz-e-Kausar granted to Prophet Hazrat Mohammad (ﷺ) from which the Prophet will give us water to drink on the day of resurrection (Hashr).
On that day, the sun will be just beyond the head and the heat will be unbearable, but the person who will drink Hauz-e-Kausar will never be thirsty again.
Prophet Hazrat Mohammad (ﷺ) will provide the Hauz-e-Kausar to his Ummah and the one who will get the chance to drink it will be succeeded.
Sahih Bukhari Hadith on Hauz-e-Kausar
One of the companions of the Prophet Hazrat Mohammad (ﷺ) said “one day when the Prophet was with us in the Mosque.
Sudden a type of unconsciousness or sleep shows up on the Prophet Mohammad (ﷺ) and then the Prophet up His head with a smile on the face.
We asked Ya Rasoolallah (ﷺ) what is the reason behind you smile, the Prophet said right now one Surah is revealed on me and the Prophet recited it with Bismillah.
And said do you know what is Kausar, onto which we said Allah and His Rasool know better than the Prophet said It’s a river of Paradise (Jannat).
It’s a river of which my Lord has promised me, in which there is much welfare, and Its Hauz on which my Ummah will come to drink water.
The drinking vessels will be like in the number of stars, the angels will remove few people from the Hauz onto which I will say my Lord It’s my Ummah.
Allah will say you don’t know which Deen they have acknowledged after you”. Reference – Sahih Bukhar and Muslim.
Surah Kausar Benefits
- Reciting it 33 times every morning completes your valid wishful Dua.
- Reciting it 33 times after the Salat of Fajr for 10 days will remove poverty and will gain progress in Business.
- Reciting it 33 times after the Salat of Fajr for 10 days will also help you in marriage if it’s not happening.
- This same wazifa is also helpful in getting a job or work if you are unemployed.
- It’s also helpful in the relief or redemption from the enemy.
- It’s also helpful in developing love in someone’s heart with this wazifa.
Surah Kausar Wazifa
(1) The person who will recite this Surah 11 times regularly after the Salat of Asha, then InsahAllah will have every valid wishful thing and wealth.
(2) The person who will recite this Surah 101 times regularly then InshaAllah his every good and valid Dua will be completed by Allah.
(3) The person who will recite Surah Kausar 786 times regularly then InshaAlaah poverty or penury will never enter into his house.
Always remember to recite Durood Sharif 3 times, before and after performing any wazifa.
2 thoughts on “Surah Kausar: 108th Surah | Meaning & Benefits”
Please add my email and send me helpful and guidance ayah
MashaAllah your content is really good. I will share it with my family and friends. You are doing a great job keep it up.