In this article, you will get the transliteration and translation of Ayatul Kursi in English and Arabic with its 10 benefits, Hadith, and meaning.
It is the biggest and longest ayat of the Holy Quran in which Allah tells us about his honor and supremacy. It’s been called Ayatul Kursi also because it’s the principal and master ayat of the Holy Quran.
According to the Ulamas (scholars) of Islam, the Holy Quran is the sovereign leader of every book, Surah Baqarah is the sovereign leader of every surah and in the same way, this is the sovereign leader of every Ayat.
This Ayat declares that Allah is not only the Master of everything found in this universe but Allah also knows every work to be done in this universe and all universe is his indigent.
Ayatul Kursi in English
“Allahu laaa ilaaha illaa huwal haiyul qai-yoomu
laa taakhuzuhoo sinatunw wa laa nawmun;
lahoo maa fissamaawaati wa maa fil arde
man zallazee yashfa’u indahooo illaa be iznihi
ya’lamu maa baina aideehim wa maa khalfahum
wa laa yuheetoona beshai ‘immin ‘ilmihee illa be maa shaa aa
wasi’a kursiyyuhus samaa waati wal arda
wa la ya’ooduho hifzuhumaa
wa huwal aliyyul ‘azeem”
Meaning in English Transation
“There is no deity except Allah and no one is worthy of worship except Allah, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of all existence,
neither drowsiness comes to him nor sleep,
whatever is in the skies is of him and whatever is on the land,
who is the one who can do commendation of someone without His (Allah) willingness,
He knows whatever is in front of them and whatever is behind them,
and they cannot encompass a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills,
His Kursi extends in the skies (heavens) and on the land,
The protection of skies and land doesn’t make Him tired,
And He is the plush dignity”
Transliteration in Arabic
اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ
لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ
أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاءَ
وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاواتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ
10 Benefits of Ayatul Kursi
- If you will recite this while going outside of the house, you will be protected by 70,000 Angels.
- If you will recite this Ayat while entering your house, then poverty will be removed from your house.
- If you will recite after doing Wuzu (Ablution), then 70 degrees (darje) of the person will increase.
- If you will recite this Ayat before sleeping, then 1 Angel will protect you the whole night.
- If you will recite this Ayat after every Farz Salah, it will be easy for you at the time of death.
- If a person has a weak memory or is weak in studies, reciting this will improve his memory power.
- If you will recite this Ayat four times, you will get the goodness (neki) of reciting 1 Quran Sharif.
- If you will recite this Ayat on regular basis, you will be guarded against the tribulations of this world.
- If you will recite this before sleeping then not only you, even your neighbors will be safe.
- If you will recite this Ayat before sleeping, then there will be no burglary in your house and no theft will happen in your house.
5 Hadith on Ayatul Kursi
- Prophet Hazrat Mohammad (ﷺ) said recite Ayatul Kursi as it protects you, your children’s, your house, and everyone nearby of your house.
- The person who will recite it in the morning will be guarded until night and who will recite at night will be guarded until dawn. – Tirmidhi
- Hazrat Abu Huraira (RA) narrates that Prophet Mohammad (ﷺ) said there is an Ayat into Surah Baqarah that is the master of the Quran, devil (saitan) ran out from that house in which it is recited.
- Hazrat Ali (RA) said that Prophet Hazrat Mohammad (ﷺ) said the house in which Ayatul Kursi is recited, devil ran out from there not enter for 3 days.
- Prophet Hazrat Mohammad (ﷺ) said the person who will recite this after every Farz Salah, then no one can stop him to enter the Jannat (Heaven) except death.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we recite Ayatul Kursi in Namaz?
Yes, we can recite it in Namaz (Salah), and you can also recite it after every Farz Namaz. Reciting it after every Farz namaz has immense benefits and supremacy.
How many times should one read this in the morning?
It’s okay to read one time to be guarded against the tribulations of the world for the whole day but you may read it 3 times for more goodness.
What does Ayatul Kursi mean?
It means “The Throne” which is referred to as Kursi. It’s the most popular and memorable Ayat among Muslims all over the world, Muslims also used it as salvation from the devil and protection from tribulations.
Which is the best place in the house to put it on?
The best place in the house to put or hang it is on the walls of your drawing-room or you may also put it on the entrance gate of your house but remember that it should be not outside of the house.